andyfettes
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Mitchley Hill
Mitchley Woods
May 16th, 2004 at 8:27pm

Hello there all,
just joined.
My question is about Mitchley woods and the history of it, the wildlife within (as I noticed last summer there were a number of sightings of deer and not the small kind that have supposed to have inhabited the woods previously),the woods and the war (as its supposed that the germans dropped a stick of bombs that runs from the start of mitchley hill up to the end of Holmwood avenue),and the general mess the woods seem to be in at the moment (litter from the school kids)
there you go a quick and easy question....not !!
As for me
lived in Mitchley hill since 72, went to attwood and riddlesdown schools was in the 19th Purley cubs and scouts and spent most of my childhood in the woods only coming home for lunch,dinner and when it go too dark to play cowboys and indians
look forward to any replies
Andy.

Cheers&&Andy

IP Logged

Triciag

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

riddlesdown
Re: Mitchley Woods
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2004 at 12:18pm

Welcome. There are indeed Deer in the woods. Where we are in Grisedale Gardens, we look out on the field that runs along the bottom of Mitchley avenue. We spotted the deer again last night and watched it feeding from the bushes through our binoculars. A wonderful sight. We think there are at least 3 deer in there, have seen 2 together. Enjoy. I dont know about Bombs, but I was living here when several years ago a hot air balloon landed in the field !

IP Logged

Riddlesdown Family

Re: Mitchley Woods
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 9:53pm

Smiley
See the Wildlife discussion !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print