Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doctors (Read 4787 times)
Paula

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Doctors
Feb 24th, 2005 at 1:39pm

Just wondered if anyone could recommend the doctor's surgery on Mitchley Avenue.  We are currently registered with Keston House on the Brighton Road which can be a nightmare to get to (especially now we have a baby!)  it would be much easier just to have a five minute walk or so to the doctors in Mitchley Avenue.  However, none of my immediate neighbours go there and I don't know anyone who uses it, so, if anyone does, can you let me know if it's any good please.

Thanks

IP Logged

Trevor

Ingleboro Drive
Re: Doctors
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 11:29pm

my partner is registered with dr woolf (?) in mitchley avenue - she says no trouble getting appointments for the next day etc and she gets seen at the correct time as well. they're closed 2 or 3 afternoons a week, but that's not a problem when you can generally get an appointment next day. they have a nurse there too.

me and the kids are still registered with keston house. i normally have to wait a week for an appointment so i normally don't bother for myself, only for the kids - by the time i get to see a doctor there i'll be cured or dead. even when i do take the kids there, we normally don't get seen until 30-45 minutes late. and yes, parking around there is awful.

i keep meaning to transfer to mitchley avenue ........ i WILL do it, i WILL I WILL I WILL ............

IP Logged

Triciag

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

riddlesdown
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 10:53pm

Dr Woolf and the gang at Mitchley avenue are superb and very helpful. When my daugter had an asthma attack just before Christmas, actually at the surgery, they acted  both professionally and compassionately , a great advert for the NHS

IP Logged

Trevor

Ingleboro Drive
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 1:46am

did you get seen straight away? were they able to give any treatment themselves?

my son used to have asthma (seems to have mostly cleared up now) and was kept in at mayday several times.
when he was very young and i didn't know much about asthma, i took him to keston house because he wasn't feeling well - tired / weak. we waited an hour and got seen by which time he was half asleep, couldn't walk, breathing was weak and i very worried - doctor said it was an asthma attack and "take him to mayday" - and that was it.
he ended up staying in mayday for 2 or 3 nights - i stayed as well.

after that i didn't bother going to the doctors for asthma attacks - straight to mayday at the first sign of an attack.

i managed to get a nebuliser for home use (bought privately after doc and mayday refused to provide one on NHS) - had one hell of a job getting a prescription for capsules - fortunately only needed to use it once or twice.

IP Logged

Paula

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2005 at 11:29am

Many thanks Tricia and Trevor, we will definitely get registered there then.  It would be great to have somewhere to go where you can see someone the same or next day (certainly doesn't happen at Keston House)!

Paula

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print