Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
grass verges (Read 3183 times)
cjones
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

grass verges
Jan 23rd, 2006 at 10:38am

I find it very sad to see that outside two houses in Riddlesdown Avenue the residents are useing the grass verges as parking areas for their cars, the result being that they are turning the verges into quagmires and making the Avenue into an eye sore.
I was wondering if there is any thing that can be done to prevent residents from doing this?

IP Logged

Nick Bygrave
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: grass verges
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 8:38am

I find it appalling (and so does the RRA) that parking on the verges is so common. The Riddlesdown Avenue houses you refer to are a particularly bad example, their verges turned into minor suburban swamps.
I understand that it is illegal and that any vehicle found on a grass verge can be reported to the Council (8686 4433) and the owner potentially fined if the car is found in flagrante delicto, so to speak. This happened to a car parked on the grass bank in Riddlesdown Road a few weeks ago.
Nick Bygrave

Nick Bygrave
IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Re: grass verges
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 1:17pm

There is also another grass verge damaged in Lower Barn Rd right opposite the entrance to the station. No doubt caused by people pulling up to drop off commuters. Nick is quite right that the Council will ticket and may even remove, all vehicles parked on grass verges, across drive ways including the parking of your own vehicle and of course parked on pavements unless signage says otherwise. They will act on this quickly as it is a good revenue source for them. Further details can be found on this link http://www.croydon.gov.uk/transportstreets/motorvehroadspkg/parking/parkingpcn/o... (left click on mouse and hold down to highlight all of this link and then right click on mouse and copy and paste this into your internet address bar).

Or their direct telephone number 020 8407 6907 or 020 8760 1966.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2006 at 8:42pm by Nick Bygrave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print