Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nearest Play Park?? (Read 5801 times)
Nicola
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Nearest Play Park??
Aug 26th, 2009 at 2:14pm

Looking forward to moving to Riddlesdown in the next couple of weeks. Was just wondering where the nearest playpark was? Cheers!  Smiley

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Re: Nearest Play Park??
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 7:49pm

Hello Nicola

Welcome to the area, when you move in.

The nearest play park, (presumably you mean with swings, slides etc, suitable for young children ?), is at Sanderstead Recreation Ground in Limpsfield Rd. Depending on which end of Riddlesdown you are going to live in, this is about a 10 - 25 minute walk to. There is another Rec ground at the Rotary Field in Brighton Rd, Purley. This is further away than the Sanderstead Rec.

Of course, Riddlesdown has large common and woodland at the end of Riddlesdown Road (car park on site) but this has no children's play facilities or WC.

Croydon Council's website, on the link below, tells you all the sites. Go to either "South East Croydon" or "South West Croydon" which tells you the facilities available and a location plan.
http://www.croydon.gov.uk/leisure/parksandopenspaces/parksbyarea/

IP Logged

Nicola
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 9:13pm

Thanks for that Phil, I know the park you mean. I have already been and checked out the downs & surrounding areas with my dog, who is looking forward to her daily walks there! Nicola

IP Logged

Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Purley
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 7:08pm

Nicola,
The nearest playpark is at Sanderstead Rec. on the Limpsfield Rd.,which can be accessed via. Mitchley Hill,which is where we take our grandchildren. A bit further afield at the southern tip of the common is Whyteleafe park.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print