Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cleared Woodland Oppsite Riddlesdown School ? (Read 10229 times)
swinglow

LIVE LIFE TO FULLIST MATE

Riddlesdown
Cleared Woodland Oppsite Riddlesdown School ?
Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:35am

Hi does anyone know whats going on with the land opposite the school as all the woodland has been cleared ?.Is there more development work going on as i have not seen any info about it ?.Why can`t they leave the woodlands alone !!! Undecided

swinglow_y2k@yahoo.co.uk  
IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Re: Cleared Woodland Oppsite Riddlesdown School ?
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:52pm

Hello Swinglow

This matter has been covered by the previous postings on this message board under -Woodland r/o Honister Heights http://www.riddlesdownresidents.org.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314199755  Admittedly nothing has been updated on the subject, since September last.

The RRA have continued to press Croydon Planners and Ward Councillors on the matter, in particular H&S issues regarding the large piles of debris left lying on the site, opposite a school and also the desecration of the Green Belt.

However Croydon Planners have responded, that as the land owner, Wineham Investments, have not breached any planning laws, the Council are powerless to act. However the land is currently Green Belt and as planning legislation stands, no housing development can take place on it.

As you say, why did the land owner fell the trees. That is only a question that Wineham Investments based in West Sussex, can answer !
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:38am by Phil_Thomas »  

IP Logged

Triciag

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

riddlesdown
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 11:06pm

As the council no longer send out notices regarding planning applications, you may not be aware that there is an app to build 9 two storey buildings on this land that they have cleared. the number is 12/00999/P, we must get together to object, These houses will mean no access to the children at Riddlesdown collegiate through the alley way, more traffic in honister as a result and a great deal of danger to our children. We must protect our pockets of land, we have seen the destruction caused in this alleyway and by the station in Lower Barn - dont let them destroy our area - object now - a minute of your time now will save the land for the enjoyment of all and the safety of our children.

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:09am

Hello Triciag

Thank you for highlighting that Croydon no longer send out planning notification letters and only rely on site notices and the weekly list in some local newspapers. The RRA along with other Residents' Associations have argued this is a retrograde move. It is all the more reason to view the RRA's website, for all the weekly planning applications in our area!

The information about this planning application is available to view from the RRA homepage of a our website, or via this link http://planning.croydon.gov.uk/DCWebPages/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=R... to make an objection.

Croydon recently refused the application to build on Greenbelt land adjoining 13 Honister and we hope they will do the same for the application on this land, which is also Greenbelt.

IP Logged

swinglow

LIVE LIFE TO FULLIST MATE

Riddlesdown
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:24am

Well to be honest i think they have a nerve to fell that woodland when the very well know it`s green belt.Its as if they are thinking we will force you in to agreeing by giving you a eye sore with open mud land with massive mud piles in it.

Also that woodland had been there forever.

swinglow_y2k@yahoo.co.uk  
IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:14pm

As an update, the Council' s Planning Dept have today refused the application to allow a development of 9 houses on this land. The Planners say the proposal would constitute inappropriate development on the Green Belt and the applicant has not demonstrated that the development would not compromise the retention of a number of visually important trees.

IP Logged

david stantiall
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 8:50am

I am at a loss to understand how the developer has managed to clear all the trees off of the land that he has bought. Am I to understand that they were all diseased? To me they looked like any other trees in the area. I fear this is just the start.

Perhaps the council can confirm that all the trees were diseased to us.

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 9:07am

David

The RRA have also raised concerns with Gina Pink at Croydon Council and you and local residents' perhaps need to take that up with her and her Tree Officer, Simon Kaye. This is the latest e-mail (16/11/12) the RRA have received from Gina Pink. We have gone back to her about the appeal, because as at today's date, nothing is showing about an appeal on the Council's website. We have not yet had a response!

"The owner is in regular contact with us when he undertakes work on the land as he is fully aware of the response he receives from local residents.  I have spoken to him personally; my enforcement officer has walked the land with him only yesterday and my tree officer has been on site twice this week to inspect trees the owner wanted to remove.  The owner is clearing the site under the trees and removing trees which are dead, dying or dangerous.  Our tree officer has seen the trees and agreed that they do fit these requirements.  The owner is therefore not undertaking any work which is illegal.

With regard to placing TPO’s on the land; whilst the planning application is at appeal we are unable to review this at this present time but I have discussed this with the tree officer, Simon Kaye, and he will review it after we have the appeal decision.

In the meantime, he has tidied the land opposite Riddlesdown School and therefore we are not required to serve a section 215 notice on him at this present time.

If I can assist you further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Gina Pink

Trees and Enforcement Team Leader

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:04am

As a further update, another planning application has been submitted for 4 detached houses on 23 January on this Green Belt land. http://planning.croydon.gov.uk/DCWebPages/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=R...

The former woodland is also going to a Barnard Marcus auction on 6 February! http://www.eigroup.co.uk/files/5/18322/e4fe67be-f18e-4ce1-8dae-007917b856d1.pdf

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:14am

As an update, the Council' s Planning Dept have also refused the application to allow a development of 4 houses on this land. The Planners say the proposal would constitute inappropriate development on the Green Belt. Of course they can no longer say "that the applicant has not demonstrated that the development would not compromise the retention of a number of visually important trees", as the applicant has now felled most of them!!

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 7:57am

As a further update, the Planning Inspector in Dec 2013, has dismissed the planning appeal by the developer to build 4 detached houses on this Green Belt land. In addition Croydon Council have now covered most of the adjoining and nearby woodland with blanket Tree preservation Orders. Further details on the RRA website via this link http://www.riddlesdownresidents.org.uk/farmland.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print