Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slowing the school traffic (Read 3115 times)
Trevor

Ingleboro Drive
Slowing the school traffic
May 10th, 2012 at 11:14am

My car (parked on the street) was hit yesterday by someone on the school run .... broken wing mirror costing 56 to replace .... needless to say the driver didn't stop so I have to pay that myself ....

The school run time is a nightmare .... anyone else interested in slowing the school traffic down?

IP Logged

Phil_Thomas
YaBB Administrator

Re: Slowing the school traffic
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2012 at 1:25am

Hello Trevor

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car.

Unfortunately parking is becoming a huge problem in the area, not just for those roads in the immediate vicinity of the School but also elsewhere, particularly near to the Station. I did highlight this problem in the last edition of the Recorder magazine (April 2012).

I'm not sure what measures you are thinking about in slowing traffic down but the Council's policy at the moment, is not to install road humps. For a variety of reasons, they are in fact currently being removed from some roads in Croydon, mainly because they are noisy to nearby houses.

Parking on the highway is technically an offence (unless it is in a marked bay) and the Police can prosecute and remove a vehicle, if it is causing an obstruction. In reality this rarely happens. The unofficial view from many Councils' are, that parked cars act as a means of slowing traffic down, regardless of whether they get hit!! This of course does cause other road safety issues.

We are currently in discussion with the Council and Councillors to see what can be done in some streets to improve road safety. What were you thinking in trying to do, about trying to slow the traffic down?

IP Logged

Trevor

Ingleboro Drive
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 10:42am

i might block the road just for the hell of it till the council / schools / parents take notice

IP Logged

swinglow

LIVE LIFE TO FULLIST MATE

Riddlesdown
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:20am

I have noticed this also it`s terrible.Its like the parents have tunnel vision when driving they just want to drop the kids off at no cost.Sometimes you end up having them playing chicken with you in a road and they have a army of ten cars behind them !.

How comes Dunmail drive was never opened up as a through road for the school ?.

I now its privately owned but why do they need gates to keep that road closed we can walk down it OK?.

That would release some pressure from us residents.

swinglow_y2k@yahoo.co.uk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print