Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1940's Laing Estates Sales Brochure (Read 3187 times)
Joy Reynard
YaBB Newbies

Mareham-le-Fen, Lincolnshire
1940's Laing Estates Sales Brochure
Sep 4th, 2014 at 5:15pm

Among my late Father's papers, I have found a Laing Estates Sales Brochure with a light green cover entitled "THE LAING ESTATES PURLEY AND SANDERSTEAD", and would like to ask whether anyone living in the area, may be interested in acquiring it.

There are sixteen pages in the main brochure showing pictures of the various detached and semi-detached houses, (such as the 'Selsdon' the "Oxford", the "Newnham" etc.,) and there seems to be an extra attachment of a separate 8-page brochure, which gives similar information, but without any pictures of the houses. The pages are just over 7 inches wide by 9.5 inches tall.

I would like it to go to a good home, but I am also hoping to raise some funds for an animal charity called "Lincs Ark" for whom I volunteer. (www.lincsark.co.uk).

It is in remarkably good condition for being nearly 70 years old.

I assume the booklet dates from the mid-1940's which is when my parents left the RAF and got married, and were then looking for their first permanent home. There are some house prices pencilled on the pages. I can scan some of the pages and send them if requested via a pm.

Do hope someone is interested.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 8:24am by Joy Reynard »  

IP Logged

piersonhouse
YaBB Newbies

Re: 1940's Laing Estates Sales Brochure
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 5:34pm

Hi, I would be interested if still available. We live in Eskdale Gardens and were told that our house was originally a show home, but I am not sure of this. Would happily donate say 10 to your charity.

IP Logged

Joy Reynard
YaBB Newbies

Mareham-le-Fen, Lincolnshire
Re: 1940's Laing Estates Sales Brochure
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 6:34pm

Hi There,

Oh dear, I was rather hoping for a bit more than that, it really is worth more. Or, I would probably donate it to Croydon Heritage/Local History Department. As a piece of social history it is very interesting, especially for anyone now living in one of these houses.

If you would like to email me, I could send some sample pages for you to see, and if you let me know which house design yours is, I could send the pictures for that particular one, although it would be fairly easy to identify once you compare them. My email is: joyanddave3(at)btinternet.com
I have hopefully added a black & white illustration of "The Selsdon", going for a mere 1,140 at the time.

Thank you very much for replying.

Regards,

Joy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print